A dog saved a cat's life with a blood transfusion.
By JohnJ1212 (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
It happened earlier this month in New Zealand. A 7 year old cat named Rory had eaten some rat poison. Rory was most likely going to die. But the vet came up with an unusual way to save the cat's life, a blood transfusion from a dog.
Maci, a Labrador Retriever, was brought in to be a donor for the emergency transfusion. Fortunately for Rory, the doggie transfusion worked. Read the full story here.