PIERRE, S.D. (KELO AM) – Gov. Dennis Daugaard will host six Workforce Summits across South Dakota. The Summits will engage further dialog among state, community, business and education leaders about South Dakota’s workforce challenges and opportunities.
“We have abundant career opportunities and great employers to tout in South Dakota,” said Gov. Daugaard. “The biggest constraint on our economic growth is available labor supply. We must continuously review our current efforts to develop and expand our workforce.”
The Summits will provide a forum to discuss current programs, learn about workforce demographic trends and offer feedback on potential future strategies. Each day’s event includes panel discussion and breakout groups.
Summits are scheduled for:
- · Tuesday, April 29, at Mitchell Technical Institute
- · Wednesday, May 21, at Lake Area Technical Institute in Watertown
- · Thursday, May 22, at the Days Inn Convention Center in Brookings
- · Tuesday, June 3, at the Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn in Rapid City
- · Wednesday, June 4, at the Dakota Event Center in Aberdeen
- · Tuesday, June 17, at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
The Governor’s Workforce Summits are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required; space is limited. Agendas, materials, registration and more information are available atwww.southdakotawins.com/workforcesummits.