SIOUX FALLS, SD (KELO-AM) Celebrate our nation’s Independence Day with Mayor Mike Huether this Friday at the 4th of July Family Parade & Picnic at Falls Park. This event will feature a free lunch for the first 5,000 attendees, live music and entertainment, as well as a 5K run/walk and a parade down Phillips Avenue.
The event schedule for the celebration includes:
- 8 a.m.—5K fun run/walk will begin at Falls Park. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. outside the Overlook Café.
- 10 a.m.—Parade will begin at 13th Street and will travel down Phillips Avenue to Falls Park. Parade entry check-in is at the intersection of Main Avenue and 10th Street at 8:15 a.m.
- 10:15 a.m.—Access to parking lots at Falls Park will be limited, as the parade route will force the closure of Falls Park Drive at Weber Avenue. Between 10:15 and 11 a.m., parking lots at Falls Park will be accessible only from north of the park. See the map on page 2 of this news release.
- 11 a.m.—A free lunch will be served for the first 5,000 people in attendance.
- 11:30 a.m.—The Sioux Falls Municipal Band will perform.
- 12 p.m.—A short program will include the presentation of the flags, the singing of the national anthem, and a welcome address by Mayor Mike.
- 12:30 p.m.—Mogen’s Heroes will perform.
- 1:30 p.m.—Bare Bodkins Theatre Shakespeare presentation will take place in the Queen Bee Mill.
For more information about all of the day’s festivities, go to www.siouxfalls.org/july4.
The Mayor was today's guest on the Greg Belfrage Show. To listen to the podcast, go to: